Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Suggestions to make charts easier to read

It has been brought to my attention that charts can be hard to read for certain individuals. So as people give me suggestions and tell me how they make it easier to read for themselves I am going to place them here for all to read. You might find a tip that helps you with other projects. :D

WandaJean told us that she does this:
How I do the Chart
I copy the chart and paste it on my notepad.
Then add 2 or 3 spaces between each row.
Then at the front and the end of each row I put <> so I will know what way im going.

A few others have suggested changing the font size before you print out the chart so that it is bigger and therefore easier to see.

And I have learned that '*' and '+' are NOT easy for everyone to see, so I will either start using letters to represent stitches OR I will find bigger symbols. :D It was suggested that I use the Internation Symbols for Yarn and Needlecraft...but you have to buy a program to have these symbols. I do not plan to pay money for symbols when I have a whole bunch sitting right under my fingertips on my keyboard. But, if it were free, I would use them. :)

All suggestions are welcome, because your suggestion may be just what someone else was looking for. Thank you!

No comments: