Sunday, March 30, 2008

First Class Concluded

It has been a whirlwind of a week, but it was so much fun. There is a bittersweet feeling in the air for me today. I am happy that I don't need to hover over my computer in case someone has a problem....but I am sad that my class for this month is over. :( I was really enjoying the excitement, enthusiasm, ideas, and comradery that we were all sharing. I never expected for so many people to sign up for the Project Afghan, but I am certainly happy that you all did.
For the most part, it seems like everyone was zoomin' loomin'! There were a few stragglers or people that found out right after class started which I found to be awesome. I suspect we will be adding new students all year (OMG, what will the final attendance be?!) so that is okay to have straglers.
Something exciting to note: Cliff, the creator of the Kiss Looms, went on a mission and found me a free font for Knitting Symbols so that I could make the charts easier to read! I am so excited and can already see a difference. I did have to make do with a symbol or two b/c the fonts are for use in MS Word and I am using MS Works and Spreadsheet, so there are some fonts that need an ALT code that my programs won't except. That is remedied by substituting a symbol that I don't think we will ever need to use (or at least not in the same chart) and it actually looks like an e-wrap or twisted knit stitch. Jenny looked it over and though she says her eyes still skip a bit, it is much easier to read for her, so here is to hoping that everyone else benefits from the easier to read charts! :D
Well, folks...this past week has been a real good one. I can't wait to see how Jenny's class turns out (starts April 13th!) Then I will see you all once again on April 20th (my grandma's b-day!)
Thank you all so much for participating and making it fun. And double thanks for all of the constructive creaticism and positive comments. The students are what make the teacher! :D
OH! And those of you that were throwing spit balls, I know who it was and I expect to see you after class! :)

Loomin' with Love,
Robin McCoy

No comments: